How Do I Apply to be a Techranger?
If you would like to join the Techrangers team, first check to see if there are openings on Handshake.
If there are openings:
- Update your online portfolio to showcase any relevant projects.
- Create a resume (PDF preferred)
- Apply on Handshake.
Applications will be accepted until the deadline. The top applicants will be invited to an interview. Hired Techrangers will need to be available to begin work immediately for a one year minimum. All Techrangers are required to work between 15 to 20 hours a week.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Who are the Techrangers and what do they do?
The Techrangers® team is comprised of talented students at the Center for Distributed Learning who provide course development, web/application development, data engineering, and mobile development for the University of Central Florida (UCF).
What are the benefits of being a Techranger?
- Flexible Hours
- Research Park location
- Learning environment
- Real-world experience
- Opportunity to explore other interest areas
- Leadership/Management Opportunities
- Project Management
- Community Outreach and Professional Networking
- Team Building Activities
- Shaping the Future of Digital Learning
What skills do I need to be a Techranger?
All Techrangers should possess the following qualities and skills:
- Intermediate to advanced HTML5 knowledge
- Intermediate CSS knowledge
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic web graphics experience
- Team player
- Oral and written Communication
- Eagerness to Learn
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Sense of Humor
Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Docker, Ansible, Vagrant
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Mobile-First Design
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Graphic Design
- User Experience
- Universal Design / Accessibility
- Operating Systems (Mac OS, Linux)