How Do I Apply to be a Techranger?
We are currently hiring full-time positions on the Learning Systems & Technology team!
We are not hiring at this time, but we expect to in the near future.
To apply to work full-time with the Learning Systems & Technology team, please apply through the Careers at UCF site through the following links:
Who are the Techrangers and what do they do?
The Techrangers® team is comprised of talented students at the Center for Distributed Learning who provide course development, web/application development, data engineering, and mobile development for the University of Central Florida (UCF).
What are the benefits of being a Techranger?
- Flexible hours with 60% remote work available after 90 days
- Research Park location with campus shuttle access
- Learning environment
- Real-world experience
- Opportunity to explore other interest areas
- Leadership/Management Opportunities
- Project Management
- Community Outreach and Professional Networking
- Team Building Activities
- Shaping the Future of Digital Learning
What skills do I need to be a Techranger?
All Techrangers should possess the following qualities and skills:
- Intermediate to advanced HTML5 knowledge
- Intermediate CSS knowledge
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic web graphics experience
- Team player
- Oral and written Communication
- Eagerness to Learn
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Sense of Humor
Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Docker, Ansible, Vagrant
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Mobile-First Design
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Graphic Design
- User Experience
- Universal Design / Accessibility
- Operating Systems (Mac OS, Linux)