How Do I Apply to be a Techranger?
If you would like to join the Techrangers team, first check to see if there are openings at the Talent Roundup Website.
If there are openings:
- Update your online portfolio to showcase any relevant projects.
- Create a resume (PDF preferred)
- Apply at the Talent Roundup Website
Applications will be accepted until the deadline. The top applicants will be invited to an audition-style interview process. Hired Techrangers will need to be available to begin work immediately for a one year minimum. All Techrangers are required to work between 15 to 20 hours a week.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are the Techrangers and what do they do?
The Techrangers® team is comprised of talented students at the Center for Distributed Learning who provide course development, web/application development, data engineering, and mobile development for the University of Central Florida (UCF).
What are the benefits of being a Techranger?
- Flexible Hours
- On-campus location
- Learning environment
- Real-world experience
- Opportunity to explore other interest areas
- Leadership/Management Opportunities
- Project Management
- Community Outreach and Professional Networking
- Team Building Activities
- Shaping the Future of Digital Learning
What skills do I need to be a Techranger?
All Techrangers should possess the following qualities and skills:
- Intermediate to advanced HTML5 knowledge
- Intermediate CSS knowledge
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic web graphics experience
- Team player
- Oral and written Communication
- Eagerness to Learn
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Sense of Humor
Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- Docker, Ansible, Vagrant
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Mobile-First Design
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Graphic Design
- User Experience
- Universal Design / Accessibility
- Operating Systems (Mac OS, Linux)